On the one-day website course, you will learn how to create and build your website from scratch. You do not need to bring a computer, as most of the work is done with pen and paper. You do not need to know about coding or design, because all of that is taken care of by WordPress. Your tutor, Alex, will teach you the professional approach to creating a website, giving you tips and tricks most website designers would not know.
Website course details
Over the course of the day, you will learn how to:
- Identify your target audience
- Decide what’s so special about your website
- Plan your website
- Use keywords so your website appears near the top of search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo
- Craft headlines and text your readers will respond to
- Find (or create) and edit the right images
- Organise your words and images to make creating your website easy – and fun
- Select from nearly 7,000 beautiful WordPress Themes that work on desktop computers and mobile devices
- Customise a chosen Theme
- Create Pages and Posts
- Create and edit Menus
- Upload words and images to Pages and Posts
- Install essential Plugins
- Register your website easily
- Protect your website from spam
- Using Yoast SEO to make your Pages stand out in searches
After the course, you will not have a complete website ready to take the world by storm. But you will know how to do it. Your website will take days or weeks to build – and the work will never be finished. That’s how it should be! In fact, the more often you make changes, the more seriously search engines will treat your website and the higher it will rank in searches.
A class of your own
On yourwebsitecourse, you will also meet other people who are creating and building their own websites – people like you and people you’ll like. You are encouraged to keep in touch, so you can help each other out as you develop your website skills.